Ambiance, part2 noise levels
- EmileJ May 1, 2008 07:27 PM
Under what circumstance do you go to the following - food and service being equal
1) The quiet place with a low people noise level
2) a place full of people and a high people noise level
3) a place with quiet music and people noise of either 1 or 2?
4) a place with loud music and people noise of either 1 or 2?
1) I do this often. I prefer this.
2) I sometimes do this for lunch, if I want better food than the less crowded place. In general, though, if I have to squish myself on a crowded bench in the foyer more than a minute while I wait for a table, I leave.
3) This suggests a fast food restaurant to me. I do this when my spouse requests it. (way too often)
4) I will only do this option if forced by family and social obligations. I eat out to be with people, and I can't do that if I can't hear them.
2) Only when brought by others.
3) Fine if the overall noise level is low.
4) Will not go past the threshold, especially if I'm with my wife who is exceptionally noise-sensitive and considers the typical jukebox-music level of a neighborhood bar to be torture.