where to eat?
My sister and I are coming to look at grad schools (especially Georgetown) in early June. I've been to DC a few times-she's never been. I'm getting married in October so the whole trip is not in my budget, and she's a starving student, but we both love love love to eat good food. Where should we go? We like all types of food (I'm not a huge fan of Chinese...)What are the best places to spend four days of eating with under 15 dollars a meal? We're going to be relying on the metro to get around.
Is it 15 for both or 15 for one? Angling toward the lower.
Adams Morgan area:
- Amsterdam falafel
- Pepito's mexican
- Oohs and Aahs
- Fla Ave Grill
- Bens (since others will say it)
- Tune Inn (assuming you're only getting drunk on the ambiance. In that case, though the food...)
- Does it exist for under $15? outside of chains.
Cross the Key bridge and or take the metro to VA
- Pho 75 (though you can do much better with more effort)
- Pollo Rico
- El Charrito Caminante - some of the best tacos in the area - a small walk
East Falls Church:
- Eden Center - also a small walk, but you get a Vietnamese mall in return
Here's a few more choices --
Downtown lunches: Teaism, CF Folks, Breadline, Naan & Beyond at 17th and L and the Greek deli on 19th between L and M
In Dupont Circle: Zorba's Cafe for good Greek food and people watching. There's also a Teaism here.
In Georgetown: Pizzeria Paradiso
In Columbia Heights: Taqueria Distrito Federal
For a "splurge": Go to one of DC's Ethiopian restaurants. The ones around 9th and U are all pretty good, the prevailing favorite on this board being Etete. The two of you could eat very well for under $50.