HOME > Chowhound > Manhattan >
What have you made lately? Share your food adventure

Cotton Candy

whitneybee Apr 13, 2008 08:51 PM

Does anyone know where I can find cotton candy? I'm looking for the kind that you get on one of those paper cones at a carnival, not the kind you get in a bag at Duane Reade. It's for a photo shoot. I know Landmarc supposedly has it, but I'd prefer if it was south of midtown, but I'm willing to travel, as I need it for work.


  1. l
    Lucia Apr 14, 2008 10:39 AM

    The original Landmarc is in Tribeca. Not sure if they have it.

    1 Reply
    1. re: Lucia
      Love to Eat Apr 25, 2008 12:11 PM

      They have it in TriBeCa.

    2. o
      offthebeatenpath1 Apr 14, 2008 03:37 PM

      The Four Seasons restaurant used to have it, but I haven't been in a while. Not sure if they still do.

      1 Reply
      1. re: offthebeatenpath1
        Striver Apr 28, 2008 05:25 AM

        Yes, they do.

      2. i
        izbiadi Apr 22, 2008 07:02 PM

        you can rent a machine at any party supplier store.

        1. abijah Apr 28, 2008 07:55 AM

          On St. Mark's Place, between 2nd and 3rd Aves., there's a Japanese place that sits slightly below street level, on the north side of the street, roughly across from Grassroots Tavern. I don't know the name, because it's written in Japanese characters that I can't read. There's a cartoon of an old lady wearing a handkerchief on her head, however.

          At this place, when you're done with your meal, the wait person brings you a little cup of cotton candy sugar and a stick, and you take out to their cotton candy machine outside their front door and spin your own. I bet if you talked to them, you could work something out. The beauty of this particular place for a photo shoot, i'd imagine, is that you can spin it to look exactly how you want. (Though if you really wanted a cardboard cone, you'd probably have to bring that yourself.)

          1. w
            whitneybee May 4, 2008 09:03 AM

            Just an update, we wound up getting it from Dylan's Candy Bar, and bringing it down to the shoot, although they took a bit of convincing to make me a bag of all pink cotton candy, since that was what we needed. Thanks for the help though!

            1. Delucacheesemonger May 5, 2008 05:16 PM

              Place on 6th Ave near Bleeker called 'Barbe Papa' or Papa's beard, the french name for cotton candy

              Show Hidden Posts