Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > General Topics >
Apr 11, 2008 08:21 AM

Candy Question

I believe this candy is local to Indiana, but I'm entirely unsure of what it's called. It's shaped like a chocolate peanut butter cup, but instead of being filled with peanut butter - it's filled with marshmallow.

And is this basically an Indiana candy, or can it be gotten outside of Indiana?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Damn, I know what you mean. 've had them before (in England), but they're not made by any of the main chocolate makers. Ruffles comes to mind. brb.

    No, I don't think that was it. I definitely remember some bar but it was pretty low quality compared to English chocolate in general

    3 Replies
    1. re: Soop

      I think it is Mallo-cups that you are talking about.

      1. re: dklipscomb

        Yes, those were my favorites when I was growing up. We had them in PA, too. I've seen something similar here in CA, but have never tried them. They're called Cups-o-Gold.

        1. re: dklipscomb

          They are Mallo Cups. My mom was raised in Ft Wayne and that is 1 of the few candies that she really likes. They tend to be impossible to find in mass market stores, but I found a vintage candy store in Cleveland that seems to sell them by the case.

          BA Sweetie candy company, Brookpark road , Cleveland.

      2. I grew up in Indiana, and most of my family still lives there. I think this is what you're looking for. My mom has a thing for these, and they disappeared from the market for a while, but now Cracker Barrel restaurants sell them, among other places.

        1 Reply
        1. re: mamaciita

          That's it.....thank you, the name has been alluding me.