Best places to eat for a "foodie day" in NYC
My husband and I will be celebrating our third wedding anniversary in a few weeks and one of the things we'd like to do is spend a "Foodie Day" in NYC. We're thinking breakfast, then a museum visit, then stopping by a cafe, enjoying a nice dinner, etc - basically the whole day will be framed by our taste buds. :)
Here's my question: with only one day in NYC we're not sure what would be the best cafes/shops/restaurants to visit. What would you recommend? Pommes Frites (www.pommesfrites.ws) is already on our list as we've been there before and loved it, but I know there's so much more in the big city!
Thanks for your help!
so many things, just a few listed below:
- chinatown for dumplings - dumpling house on eldridge (http://www.chowhound.com/topics/499115
)- pizza at Joe's Pizza, Una Pizza Napolenta or John's of Bleecker
- Corned Beef/Pastrami at 2nd Ave Deli or Katz's
- Murray's Cheese Shop for amazing cheeses
- With limited time Chelsea Market is a great option, kitchen supply store, italian market, fish market and more food, somewhat touristy, but convenient
- Dinner - Degustation ( http://www.chowhound.com/topics/494767 )for one of the best dining experiences in the city, other options include Perilla, Market Table, Tia Pol, Alta, Dovetail, Mia Dona, Sushi Yasuda, Tabla, Bar Room at the Modern, the list goes on and on.
- The original comment has been removed