ISO oshi/hako sushi
I recently read about hakozushi and oshizushi and was wondering where i can get it in LA. In case you are wondering, these are types of pressed sushi. From the research I have done, no places specialize in it, but hopefully some places serve it. All help is appreciated.
If this is the place at 1601 W. Redondo Beach Blvd. in Gardena my understanding is that ALL they do in terms of sushi is the following: (and NONE of it is pressed or oshizushi style). Can anyone else confirm?
1) Nori-Maki: shiitake mushroom, spinach, kampyo, oboro, egg, and rice wrapped in seaweed
2) Inari: fried tofu stuffed with rice
3) Ebi: rice topped with cooked shrimp
4) Saba: rice topped with pickled Atlantic mackerel
5) Tamago-Maki: similar to Nori-Maki, but no seaweed and topped with sweet egg
6) California Roll: avocado, shrimp, roasted sesame seeds, and rice rolled in seaweed