Loved Babbo......now what?
I am the restaurant organizer for our yearly NYC trip.......huge pressure!!
Wowed them with Babbo last year and not sure how to top that. Looking for Italian, under $30 entrees, any neighborhood.
- Degustation - Small plates, 16 seats, open kitchen amazing food, one of the best dining experiences in the city
- Perilla- great neighborhood spot, amazing food, run by former top chef winner Harold
- Perry Street - Quality Jean Georges spot, pricing is a little more reasonable
- Tia Pol - best Spanish tapas in the city, a piece of Barcelona in Manhattan
- Blue Hill (just at $30 and a few over, but worth it) - emphasis on local, all-natural ingredients
- The little owl - wonderful neighborhood restaurant, always packed, emphasis on comfortable setting, no frills great food
- Bar Room @ The Modern - the smaller dining room in the MOMA, amazing food, great setting, chic and popular
- WD-50 - Wylie Dufresne's molecular gastronomy paradise, recently given 3 stars by the times and always providing memorable dining and images
ha, well look at that.
Italian, well there are so many, but for $30 or less an entree check these out:
- Inseimme - 7th Ave. in Times Square - get the lasagna
- Sfoglia - Upper East Side gem
- Cesca - UWS and Tom Valenti
- Falai - LES - former pastry chef of Le Cirque is making a name for himself
- 'ino - some of the best italian panini's you will ever have
- Centro Vinoteca - Ann Burrell's italian hot spot
- Bar Stuzzichini - massive spot, with tons of small italian plates, good for groups and easy on the wallet
A Voce is a very good option.
If neighborhood isn't an issue you might consider Sfoglia (UES) or Insieme (Times Square-ish area).
Other good options are Lupa or Maremma.