Atlanta - restaurants near the Carter Center
I'm looking for casual dining, not too expensive, near the Carter Center. I'm driving down 75/85 and meeting a friend who's driving in from Decatur, if that helps give an idea of location.
I am a huge fan of Wisteria (471 N. Highland). If $50/pp is higher than you wanted to go than there is a great rest/bar next door. Both have free valet parking. Wisteria is worth it.
There are lots of choices in the area. Eclipse di Sol or Pura Vida tapas bar on North Highland are nearby. You're also quite close to Carroll Street Cafe in Cabbagetown.
You are very close to a short stretch of good to very good restaurants. All of them on N.Highland Avenue or directly off of it:
- Sotto Sotto for what many consider the best Italian in the city.
- Fritti for more casual Italian and pizzas on a great patio - owned by the same person as Sotto Sotto
- Pura Vida - excellent South American tapas
- Zuma - decent to good sushi in a cool environment
- P'Cheen - hipster bar fare
- Wisteria - Southern influenced food
- Righteous Room - pretty good bar food with the best jukebox in the city (some would say)
all great suggestions, except P'Cheen, in my opinion. It's terrible, actually. Sotto Sotto, Wisteria and Fritti are all excellent as is Pura Vida. Surin for very above average Thai; Fontaine's for good oysters and cold beer; La Tavolla for great northern Italian. All of these are within a mile of the Carter Center, off of N. Highland.
Reviews on P'Cheen vary wildly. Might be within price point and atmosphere for what martyparty is looking for. Me, personally...I would go to Righteous Room and Manuel's any day of the week over P'Cheen....or even N. Highland Pub.
not sure when you are planning this but Agave is great! Cabbagetown near Carter Center
Amazing tequilas not sure on how many they have but is alot and the food and atmosphere is great!