what can I do with a lot of raw almonds?
I have a bunch of raw almonds and would like to use them in creative ways. Any ideas?
1. Use them for making fresh almond milk.
2. Grind them into a flour and use as an addition for baked goods and bread.
3. Add a few into a stir fry dish (not afterwards, but during the stir frying!)
4. Coat them in whatever you wish (milk, eggs, flour, honey) and add your favorite spices
and bake them in the oven for a tasty snack.
5. Eat them as is for a fast and nutritious snack.
6. Roast them for a short time and add to your favorite cereal.
7. Chop them up and add to your favorite home made granola mixture and bake.
8. If there are REALLY alot of raw almonds, place each one next to the other on the border of your lawn to create an attractive alternative to the traditional fence and/or rock/stone border demarcating your home property border.
9. Return them to your store claiming that they taste uncooked, unlike any other nut
product you have bought in your entire life, and are not fit for human consumption.
10. Count each one in the package you bought, and/or weigh the package, and
determine if there is any discrepancy between the package's labeling for quantity
and/or weight, and if such a discrepancy exists, contact the company that made
the nuts and inform them that one of their employees is stealing nuts resulting in
you getting a raw deal for the price you paid for your raw almonds.
11. Mimic the behavior of squirrels when they find that their supply of nuts exceeds
their current appetite.
For a low carb coating, grind into flour, using your blender or food processor and dip chicken into egg, then into almond flour and saute or bake for a flourless crust. Use on other stuff too besides chicken.
Make almond toffee. Would give you my recipe, but then I'd have to kill you. But I'm sure you can find great almond toffee recipes.
Make granola. There are tons of great recipes out there and you can substitute your favorite nuts.