Tasty Food Near the Q train in BK?
I recently moved to Brooklyn from the UES and I was wondering if anyone has good suggestions for where to eat near the Q train. I admit, it's winter and it's cold and I'm lazy and don't want to walk that far from the train; and I am also a little retarded when it comes to Brooklyn geography. All suggestions are heartily appreciated.
I live off the Q train. I deeply relate to the question, "Uh... is it off the Q?" when making a decision on whether or not to do something :).
Of all the restaurants already mentioned, and of all the ones I would mention, The Farm on Adderly at Cortelyou is 100% my favorite. I think it is a true gem. Really truly.
I have a couple others to add:
Beverly stop: Medina at Beverly and Coney Island. There's a lot of Pakistani food around, and Medina's the best. I really only use it as a take out place, though they do have seats. I don't like sitting there because they play Pakistani TV pretty loud on a flat screen in the corner. The foods worth taking out though, and very very cheap.
Newkirk stop: Bahar. Afghani. Pumpkin in a pastry crust. Yum.
Also Cortelyou: Cinco De Mayo on Cortelyou and Westminster. SOLID Mexican food. I am partial to the sausage and potato quesadilla.
7th ave: Miram's on 5th ave and Prospect Place but only for brunch, and then only for the fried crispy dough or the Israeli breakfast.
Atlantic: Bacchus at Atlantic and Bond. This is also kind of a walk (maybe 10 minutes) but I really like this place. I should say, though, that I haven't been there in awhile, and I've heard it's gone down hill. I would call it worth a try though, because it is (or at least was) sort of everything one looks for in a neighbor hood French bistro.
Gotcha, well if you came over the the 7th Ave stop you'd be able to get this:
1. franny's - great slightly upscale pizza
2. Beast - spanish tapas bar, real inexpensive
3. little miss muffin - best beef and chicken patties in the area
4. flatbush farm - best french dip and artichoke dip
5. Amorina - another great pizza place
6. Moim - highly rated Korean on 7th ave.
7. Al Di La - Best pasta I've ever had at affordable prices
8. Rose Water - local upscale restaurant
9. Giedo - inexpensive super fresh sushi
10. Song - super inexpensive, very good (big portions too) Thai food
All of these places are within steps to 10 or so blocks of the Q and worth the trip.