Seeking Specific Brunch
I think 20 people is hard without going a little more upscale -- otherwise, the restaurant is going to be too small / not take reservations.
In any case
- Freemans (they have a private room -- not sure how many it seats, but it's veggie friendly and feels like a hunting lodge, so opposite of chi chi)
- Jane (private room downstairs -- can definitely do 20)
- Tasting Room (they have a big communal table, some booths, and you can reserve the back room, too, I think, more "chi chi" than the others but not as much as say Stanton Social or a Keith McNally restaurant, )
- 'inoteca (downstairs room, cozy, Italian)
- Blue Ribbon Bakery (they can seat bigger groups downstairs, it's also cozy due to the fact that they bake the bread downstairs, smells wonderful! not a lot of breakfast starchy options here though)