messed up fudge
I made fudge last night with the common recipe that uses marshmallows, evap. milk, chocolate, butter, etc. I ruined it though - it is quite mushy. I am pretty sure that my problem was not using enough chocolate.
Does anyone have any ideas of what to do with the mushy fudge?? It's delicious, but I can't really serve it this way. Do you think I could heat it up and turn it to hot fudge sauce? Any other solutions?
Did the recipe call for evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk? And did you use the one they called for? They are very different products, and I can see that using evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk would cause "mushy" fudge.
Thanks for all the suggestions! So far I've mixed half of it with the vanilla ice cream I had. I thought of the truffle idea too, so I might try that with the rest of it.
Oh, and I'm sure I used the correct type of milk. I specifically used a recipe for evaporated milk since that was all I had. I usually do make the recipe that uses sweetened condensed milk -- and that always turns out!