HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
What are you cooking today?

SKK equivalent for an induction hob?

alexthepink Jan 29, 2008 01:49 AM

Imagine my dismay when moving into my new house and discovering that my beloved £80 SKK saute pan won't work on my induction hob.
What should I do - change the hob or change my pan? Does anyone have any experience with induction hobs? How about Swiss diamond induction pans?
Thanks in advance!

  1. b
    Buckethead Jan 29, 2008 09:32 AM

    If I were you I'd change the pan, I love cooking on induction. If you need a nonstick pan that will work, Springs' Vulcano line is good, but I don't know if they make a saute pan. Sitram also makes their Cybernox line, which is somewhere between regular stainless and teflon (they call it stick-resistant). I've never used Cybernox, most people who have have a strong opinion on it (love it or hate it).

    1. a
      abgilliam Jan 31, 2008 05:14 PM

      SKK does make an induction line. i ordered from a german website when living in the UK. try googling and see what you come up with. the site i found had an english and german version, but didn't actually ship to the UK, so i had to get it shipped to germany and pick it up.

      Show Hidden Posts