Cinco de Mayo came early this year - Frida's Brentwood
- techbod Jan 13, 2008 01:13 PM
After a promising opening-day lunch at the new Frida's Taqueria in the Brentwood Country Mart, I remarked that it was good, and that they would probably be on top of their game by Cinco de Mayo.
We'll, it's been just two weeks, and I am happy to report that they are already firing on all cylinders and the previously reported over-salting problem seems to be under control.
Today's lunch included:
- mango salad with candied walnuts - this salad features a big pile of baby greens, diced mango, and a spicy, sweet mango dressing. This is a destination salad, though I might go with dressing on the side next time.
- taco combo - one cochinita pibil, one alhambre (steak, peppers, cheese, tocino), rice, beans. These tacos were delicious. The two best tacos on the Frida's menu.
- carnitas sope - tender sope crust, lots of meat, crisp lettuce, drizzle of sour cream, and some cheese. Also really good.
- chips, two kinds of salsa. - Good and good.
Frida's is a very welcome addition to the country mart rotation. Enjoy it.