HOME > Chowhound > San Francisco Bay Area >
Do you create unique foods? Tell us about it

Where to buy Ammonium Carbonate?

Shane Greenwood Dec 18, 2007 10:54 AM

Any ideas? Also known as "sal volatile" or "salt of hartshorn."


  1. Shane Greenwood Dec 18, 2007 11:05 AM

    FYI -- also known as Baker's Ammonia

    1. c
      Curmudgeon Dec 18, 2007 11:22 AM

      Call The Junket in El Cerrito, or Dittmer's German Delicatessen in Mountain View. There is also a continental delicatessen in Northgate Shopping Center north of San Rafael. Any self respecting German food store should have it. I think it is called "Hartshorn Salz"

      Show Hidden Posts