Help me fix my roasted cauliflower soup
first add a little more salt & pepper-- maybe it just needs a bit more.
chipotle will give it a nice smoky flavor that's fabulous with cauliflower if you'd like a little spice, or you could change directions & add garam masala/curry spices.
didn't list oil or butter among your ingredients-- is there any in this soup?
get rid of the cream...use more butter and then add olive oil with pressed lemon or lemon flavored olive oil...for the size you are making, you will need about two or three table spoons. i had it once at Hearth in NYC and will never use anything else to make soup. i don't even use stock/broth. all you need is water...
This is the recipe I use. I hope it is some help.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
• 5 cups cauliflower florets (1 medium head)
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cans (14½ ounce) chicken broth
• ½ cup water
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 cups heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets (about 5 cups).
3. In a large baking pan toss cauliflower, garlic, and onion with oil to coat and roast in middle of oven about 30 minutes, or until golden.
4. In a 4-quart kettle simmer broth, water, roasted cauliflower mixture, and herbs 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender.
5. Discard bay leaf and in a blender puree soup in batches until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), transferring to a bowl.
6. Return soup to kettle and stir in cream and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Heat soup over moderate heat until just heated through.