Clam Dip Recipe
I had a very nice clam dip last night at a party. Doe anyone have a good clam dip recipe made in a crock pot?
Try recipezaar.com; their are many clam dips, most not cooked but their are a few that are baked.
MY FAVORITE AUNT'S CLAM DIP
2 6.5 oz. cans chopped clams (I've used bottled Sicilian clams w/good results)
1/4 C bread crumbs
1 t garlic powder (I've used about 4 minced fresh cloves)
1 t parsley, chopped
1 t diced onion
1/8 t salt
1/8 t oregano (dried)
2 T olive oil
Approx. 1/4 C grated parmigiano cheese
1. Saute the onion in oil, in a medium fry pan
2. In a bowl, combine all other ingredients except clams
3. Add bowl of ingredients to onions and saute until mixture is browned
3. Empty 1/2 of the water/juice from the clams into a bowl, and set it aside as a reserve
4. Add clams and remaining water to other ingredients, combine, then turn off heat. If it seems moist enough, proceed to next step. If it seems dry or crumbly, add reserved water until mixture is wet, but not loose. Theoretically, you'd be able to squeeze it into a ball)
5. Spoon mixture into an ovenproof ceramic bowl/mini casserole (this is what you will serve it in)
6. Sprinkle grated parmigiano over the top
7. Cover bowl with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, 375 degrees.
(I usually like to uncover it and let the top brown a little bit, either for the last five minutes or, if necessary, I will add five minutes at the end).
Serve hot. Best served with crispy, flaky buttery crackers.
Mine isn't a crock pot, but it bakes. A can of minced clams, a block of cream cheese, a couple tablespoons prepared horseradish, and a little grated onion, with some juice from the clams to thin to dip consistency. Bake at 350 for abot 20 minutes.