Eating at the Bar? Suggestions?
Hey, I'm a single guy - on the Westside - and a couple nights a week, if I'm not meeting friends, like to venture out on my own and find a fun place to sit at the bar and eat dinner. I'm wondering if anyone has some good suggestions for new places to try. Places with a decent size bar, maybe even a little scene, where the food is good and reasonable and there's some energy, so I don't feel like I'm all alone. It can upscale or a dive. It's good if there's a TV to watch whatever game, or maybe flirt with the waitresses even better. But mostly just looking for a fun place I could maybe become a regular. To give an example, Fraiche has been one of my favorites lately...
Anyone have any good ideas?
Hey Steve, I love eating at the bar also. Here are some of my fav's:
1. A.O.C - 8022 W. Third Street - No reservations for the bar so first come first serve - great wines and great California cuisine - lots of small plates - pricey but fun. Treat Yourself.
2. Mastro's - 246 N. Canon Dr. - Do you love, like I do, a great steak and great martini's? Steve, this is it!! This restaurant has two levels. The upstairs bar scene is where it's at. Again, though, pricey. But you won't be disappointed.
3. Sonora Cafe - 180. S. LaBrea Ave. - good southwestern cooking, fantastic BBQ Porkchop, powerful margaritas, fun bar atmoshphere, not as pricey as the above.
Steve, since I live in the San Fernando Valley, I have to mention 2 places I love to go for a great bar experience:
1. Fleming's - 6373 Topanga Canyon Blvd. - another steak and martini place - not as good as Mastro's, but good enough - a fun bar with friendlly bartenders - they take real good care of you here
2. Roy's - right next door to Fleming's - 6363 Topanga Canyon Blvd. - love the exotic cocktails - really good Hawaiian/Asian cuisine - it is a chain, but it's one of the better ones
in the venice/santa monica area, here are a few suggestions that i believe will meet your criteria:
)o'briens pub on main street (http://www.obriensonmain.com/
)canal club (http://www.jamesbeach.com/canal_index.php) and across the street is james beach