That's kind of a broad definition...is there something specific you like or want to eat while you're here?
That said, here's my two cents on local places:
* Jams @ 78th and Dodge. (http://www.jamseats.com/) Nice, well prepared selection of American food.
* Riveras (http://www.riverasmf.com) for Mexican if you're out west. If you're downtown and have a car, drive down 24th street to south Omaha -- lots of independently owned Mexican places there.
* Dixie Quicks at 19th and Leavenworth has an excellent brunch and dinners. It's BYOB.
* La Buvette in the Old Market is a wine bar/bistro with great entrees, soups and imported cheeses. Wines are sold at retail (it's also a store) with a nominal corking fee.
* Darios Brasserie in Dundee (http://www.dariosbrasserie.com/) is a European bistro with excellent pomme frites and mussels. No liquor, but plenty of wine and imported beers.
* Steak...uh, probably my house. Everyone who comes here wants a great steak and there is much debate about whose is the best. Johnny's on L st, Gorat's, the Drover and Anthony's come up fairly regularly in conversation and are fairly representative of old school steakhouses. There are also chains like Sullivans, Johnny's Italian and Fleming's.
Lastly, a food blogger has a list of local restaurants with links to many of their menus:http://www.gastronomicfightclub.com/