Toronto Life's "100 Must Try Before You Die Tastes"
According to the December issue, here are the top 25 (applies to Toronto and surrounding area):
1. Scaramouche's coconut cream pie
2. The Pop Shoppe's lime ricky (I didn't even know you could get this, oh the memories)
3. Thunder Oak cheese from the Cheese Boutique
4. The not-so-humble McIntosh apple
5. Carousel bakery's breakfast sandwich
6. Fresh lime soda topped with toasted masala spice
7. International Cheese's fresh ricotta
8. Greg's roasted marshmallow ice cream
9. Laura Secord's Easter cream eggs
10. Ming Room's Manchurian paneer (definitely want to try this, has anyone?)
11. BBQ'd cord with lime and chili salt
12. Michael Schmidt's raw milk
13. Minus 8 vinegar
14. Joanne Yolles' wild blueberry tart at Pangaea
15. Lamb's testicles at Nawzar Halal
16. West Indian black cake
17. (Truly) wild muskox
18. Gelato Fresco's frozen icewine truffles
19. Zen's tempura eel
20. Sushi Kaji's fukiyose platter
21. chinese egg bisquits
22. greek loukomades
23. Hot Portuguese malassadas
24. Mennonite apple fritters at The West Mall Farmer's Market.
25. Polish paczki with plum jam
26. Chinese black bean filled sesame beignets from Miao Ke Hong Bakery
Any you agree/disagree with (I mean before you die is a strong statement!)?
After I read number #1, I am not interested to read anymore. Scaramouche's pie is great but there is no way it is something must dry before die #1. I don't think I will have any regret even if I have not tried it.
Who wrote this bunk?
There is NO WAY Laura Secord's Easter Cream Eggs should be on any 'must have' list. They are sickly sweet and coated with mediocre milk chocolate.