I need a Resturaunt suggestion in greater L.A.area
Ok, heres the setup:
Girlfriends 24th birthday dinner. just us 2
She wants to go somewhere she can wear a dress. not formal, but still "upscale", and definately not stuffy. some kind of atmosphere,as she put it "not just tables and chairs".
I'm not a fan of chinese("asion fusion" is ok) or mexican. anything else is good. we both like meat.
My budget is up to $150, and neither of us really drink much.
I dont mind a drive, so anywhere in the greater L.A. area is ok.
Any input welcome
Was at Hatfield's on Saturday and had a fantastic meal. Dunno what you would qualify as "atmosphere"...
Oddly enough, it was my 24th birthday. I picked the place, she picked up the tab =D
Thanks, you made it easy for us - $150 without drinks. Here are a few atmospheric places that my honey enjoys:
1. Bistro Garden (12950 Ventura Blvd.) - it's like sitting in an indoor garden - good Cal-French - one of the best chocolate souffles
2. Fogo De Chao (133 N. La Cienega Blvd.) - Brazilian steakhouse, where they keep serving and serving and serving until you cry "Uncle."
3. Lawrey's (100 N. La Cienega Blvd.) - wonderful prime rib served from a cart - salad made tableside - overall great atmosphere
4. Mastro's Steakhouse (246 N. Canon Dr.) - Maybe more scene than atmoshphere, especially upstairs - but you won't find a better steak
5. Papadakis Taverna (301 W. Sixth Street in San Pedro) - How about a Greek floor show with all the Greek classics - it's a fun time
Table 8- Table8la.com- has a more trendy atmosphere- my boyfriend and I went there for our anniversary- it's dark with enough lighting to read the menus- food is seasonal with decent sized portions and a lot of meat on the menu- I would call it California style cuisine.
I saw a plug for Hatfields already- I love that place- it has a more elegant atmosphere, I would say. Food also leans more towards meat with some great seafood options. Desserts are wonderful.
Neither Table 8 or Hatfields are stuffy or will break the bank if you aren't drinking. (Which is too bad because Hatfields makes a great French 95)
There are very few places in LA that are going to throw you out for not dressing up but these are both places that are more upscale and probably deserve the effort of a little dolling up.
If you want to add a nice after-dinner stroll by the beach, you might want to try Jiraffe in Santa Monica.