HOME > Chowhound > San Francisco Bay Area >
What have you made lately? Share your food adventure

Where to find a cook's cap?

raphael didonato Oct 23, 2007 03:10 PM

I work in a kitchen and need something other than my ancient, ratty hunting cap to hold my hair back. I've seen a couple restaurants (Cortez and Aziza) that have basic black caps that are almost like truncated fezzes (minus the tassels, of course), with an adjustable velcro strap in the back. Does anyone know where I can find something like this in the city? Bandanas really aren't my style...

  1. r
    rfneid Oct 23, 2007 04:30 PM


    1. spicedish Oct 23, 2007 04:35 PM

      Economy Restaurant Supply in SOMA (415) 626-5611 has some chef gear. I've picked up a coat there and noticed that they have some other pieces too. Worth a shot. They have a website where you can order I believe.

      1 Reply
      1. re: spicedish
        manraysky Oct 24, 2007 09:38 PM

        The website is www.bigtray.com

      Show Hidden Posts