This place is a solid OK on food, but the service was awful. We ate here in a group of six with reservations at 8 PM. Shortly after being seated we were told that we needed to place our orders because the kitchen was closing. Classy.
- sausage and pepper ragout was tasty
- bread and olive oil/garlic dipping sauce was excellent, albeit somewhat overpriced. Later during the meal, a waitress plonked a larger portion of the bread down on our table, stating "It's on the house, we were gonna throw it out anyhow." . Classy again.
- were brought before we even finished the appetizers, presumably because the 'kitchen was closing;.
- granted, the pasta choices were delicious all around
- the salad accompanying the pastas was meager in size: permissible if you are using top-notch ingredients, not if you are using mealy tomatoes and barely-alive greens
- the waitress completely forgot about the pizza that I ordered, so my boyfriend and I started to share his pasta. When it became apparent that the pizza was not going to arrive before the other diners were finished their dishes, I approached the counter and suggested that we cancel the pizza order. The three waitresses looked at me doe-eyed and offered to pack it up for me. I said that I didn't really order it for take-out, and that it probably should have been brought before the other diners were finished, so then they agreed to nix it.
I've heard good things about the food, but I haven't tried it yet. However, I do walk by it every day and the decor is atrocious. I'll keep in mind that I may need to go earlier whenever I do land up giving it a go.