i hate to post this because of the "chain" nature of this restaurant.........but........
need to know two things.
1. Does anyone have any comments about it?
2. Isn't it owned by the PF Chang Gang?
I'll answer out of order.
2. Yes. It's their fast casual concept. You place your order at the register, grab your own drinks, they bring out your food.
1. I think it's ok. PF Changs is by far not the real deal, but I what I do like about Pei Wei is everything is fresh. When I order the Orange Chicken, the pea pods are bright green and still crispy. And my kids like it. Finding a spot for us as a family that doesn't serve McNuggets or a Chili's is important. They also give you the brown/white rice option. I wish my local joint did that.
- The original comment has been removed
By now you know it is owned by PF Changs
So if you like PF Changs then Pei Wei may be for you too. It is most of the same menu items but rather than waitress service it is more like service from a Sizzler. You order, get a number and then someone brings it to the table you found for yourself. They also offer take out.
For some it is a chain and if PF is not there thing they wont like it, for me and may family we enjoy it. We are from the North East and they dont have any up here, but we found them in Dallas and have enjoyed them - I think they make a perfect work lunch stop.