Where to eat lunch in Brisbane, CA?
I am going to be working in Brisbane for a few months and am going t o need to eat lunch out there. Looking for simi fast and easy (since I only have a tight hour!), not to pricey but good. I have no idea what is in the area let alone good to eat in the area! Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!
Here are some places I used to frequent:
1. Xebec Bar & Restaurant at the Radisson. This place is decent, they have a selection of soups, salads and entrees. Slightly pricey, but I think you could get away with $15 per person.
2. House of Thai / Teriyaki House: This is a dual Thai and Japanese operation. (Yes, yes, I know) Authenticity is not the hallmark here, this is generic kind-of food, really. The Bentos are quick and cheap. The Thai place has some decent curries.
3. Mangiare: This is another generic soup, salad, sandwich, pasta place. The selection is so huge, it is quite confusing, and the quality is not exactly stellar.
4. If you take Old County Rd in Brisbane all the way into the downtown area, there is a Chinese restaurant located on your left hand side, after about 5 blocks. This place provides a good change. The name escapes me though.
5. Specialtys: Yes, they do have a location in the Biotech hub, which is a couple of exits away - technically in South City. One can order online and pick up. Saves a bunch of time.
We'd sometimes trek up to the Silver Ave exit in SF, which has a bunch of delicious Chinese places with incredible lunch values and excellent food !
Zone 88 is one of them. There was another one - 2465 Cafe ? I'm sure Melanie or Dave would know.
Zone 88 Inc
2428 San Bruno Ave, San Francisco, CA 94134
5000 Sierra Point Pkwy, Brisbane, CA 94005
House of Thai
118 Old County Rd, Brisbane, CA 94005
182 Old County Road, Brisbane, CA 94005
Specialtys Cafe & Bakery
150 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
114 Old County Rd, Brisbane, CA 94005