Two girls visiting D.C. - payback time
- sheila Aug 30, 2007 01:06 PM
Came back from D.C. over one month ago and finally got a chance to write back.
Based on the recommendations on the board, we went to:
1. Uncle Bens - We weren't hotdog's fans as we did not like salty food. But I have to say, it was an interesting experience. Both locals and tourists squeezed into this tiny place. One big plus is that it is just right across the street from the Metro. Metro is great but it is always over 15 minutes walk away from the station.
2. El Pollo Rico - the favorite of our trip. Most of the customers are local. The chicken was so juicy and tender. Perfect portion for us to share one order. Above 10 minutes walking from the Metro. Can't find it in Boston and I am missing it so much. No question that I will go back if I am in the D.C.
3. Etete - the first time in my life to have Ethiopian food. We didn't know what to order and the waitress wasn't that helpful to us. Settled with the vegetarian platter (not sure what does it actually called). Added the fish by the board's recommendation. I am not sure do I like the bread and veggie as they were completely new to me. But the fish was excellent. So crispy and moist. It is not far from the Metro but I will not go there at night time. I will be back to try more food.
4. Chinatown Express - I don't remember why we wound up there. But it was a much better than expected experience especially when I got the impression from this board that D.C. does not have good Chinese food. I ordered the noodle soup and my friend got a stir-fried noodle. We both liked it .
By the way, does D.C. have pedestrian laws? We got beeped at for two times when we were crossing the street in the crosswalk in the side street where there was no traffic light. (We never crossed the street right in front of the car and we never will. They were at least 80 feet away). It is so different from Boston.
But anyway, thanks for the tips.