- Danimal Aug 29, 2007 03:01 PM
any favorites that you want to share?
I really, really love the Barefoot Contessa's turkey meatloaf recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recip...
My mom also makes a great beef meatloaf, but I don't know the recipe -- it's all eyeballing. The body of the meatloaf is ground beef, an egg, rolled oats, and jarred old-fashioned chile sauce with salt and pepper. It has the requisite ketchup on top.
This is a turkey meatloaf from a local pub that has since closed. Excellent meatloaf, with a different kind of flavor due to the ginger. Great served with mashed potatoes. ( I usually add a bit more ginger as I love the flavor of it.)
Brown sugar Glazed Turkey Meat Loaf
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup ketchup
2 lb ground turkey
¾ cup chopped onion
1 ¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ tablespoon ground ginger
¾ cup milk
Parchment paper to line loaf pan
Salt and pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 350
· Line loaf pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking
· Spread brown sugar into bottom of pan
· Spread ketchup over sugar
· Mix remaining ingredients in bowl, kneading with hands
· Form meat mixture into loaf and place in pan
· Bake in oven for one hour
· Remove from pan, turning it upside down, so brown sugar and ketchup form glaze on top
· Allow loaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing