Best Mexican Fare in Atlanta
Okay - I've lived in Atlanta for 20 years and I've eaten my share of mexican food, but I'd like to get feedback from other chowhounds on where the best mexican food is. Overall, I haven't found too many places I would recommend. The places that stand out are as follows:
- Los Hermanos in Tucker - This is currently my favorite mexican restuarant - great specials and menu items, particularly the seafood items
- El Mexica in Roswell (sister to Mexico City Gourmet) - I have eaten at this place since it's start many years ago in Roswell Mill...terrific Quesadillas
- Pure Taqueria in Alpharetta - try the fish tacos
- Taqueria Del Sol - good range of "cross-over" tacos - very tasty
- El Jinete (Roswell, Woodstock and Stn Mtn) - probably the most authentic tacos carne asada - and the chorizo queso - yummmy!
Let me know what you think -
Los Hermanos is outstanding, their fish tacos are great.
I do like El Rey de Taco on Buford Hwy, with fresh corn tortillas.
The Taquerias del Sol and Taqueria Sundown are very good for what they are, their charros beans and greens are the best.
I will have to give El Jinete a try.
as far as relatively authentic:
Zocolo in downtown decatur and midtown is very good all around
Zapata on P'tree Pkwy near holcomb bridge has above average food
Nuevo Laredo off of Howell Mill has great mole
Taqueria dos Hermanos on Cleveland Ave. in East Point.
Attached to a Shell station....excellent and authentic...great fresh bar for sides and sauces.
Taqueria la Oaxaquena in Jonesboro (not far from the airport) is always worth the trip and might be the best. El Myr in Little 5 has great fresh ingredients and excellent margaritas. Taqueria del Sol never lets me down (and I eat there at least once a week) and I think they have the best margaritas in town. Nuevo Laredo is excellent from top to bottom (except for the wait).
Los Hermanos in Tucker has the best mexican in the Atlanta area. I haven't found anything that comes remotely close to it!