ONE last meal??
I'm looking for good places to eat in LA. Where and what would you eat if you could only have ONE last meal?!
ONE last meal, huh?
the cut (because i haven't tried it yet), mastro's (steaks, sitting upstairs watching all the crazies walk by), or blair's (food, not atmosphere)
There are lots of good places to eat in LA, ranging from low-brow to high-end. But if I had to select one final period to punctuate the end of my life, it'd be Urasawa.
Crustacean's in Beverly Hills. Their signature Dungeness crab and garlic noodles. Their margaritas are the best I've ever had and their dessert chef is outstanding. BTW, who's paying for the bill?
Crustacean, 9646 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 205-8990 www.anfamily.com
9646 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
If I had to choose one restaurant, it would be Grace.
If I could split up my last meal, I would start with chili cheese fries from Carney's, The Kobe burger from Lucky Devil's, and end with the lemon and thyme doughnuts from Craft.
That is not an easy question. Do you go with a place you haven't been and maybe couldn't ordinarily afford? If so, then my choice would be Urasawa.
Or, do you go with a sure thing, a place you've been previously and loved, maybe a tasting blowout at Spago or Providence?
For me, there is even a third choice, which is a type of ethnic food that you may not be able to get elsewhere in the US (i.e. one of LA's many incredible Thai, Korean, Chinese, Japanese or Mexican restaurants)?
Talking price, Urasawa
Talking calories, probably a big ol pizza somewhere..ooh, or a burger. Maybe a shake and pie.
I supppose that might be pie n burger or Lucky Devil's
Puerto Vallarta shrimp, rice, beans. and a pitcher of strawberry margarita at Gardens of Taxco.
I would have a poor man's final tasting meal:
1) one piece of Golden Bird fried chicken
2) a small banh xeo from Van Restaurant
3) 1/3 of a beef roll from 101 Noodle Express
4) 1/6 of a slice of pork, cheese, and curry powder okonomiyaki from Gaja
5) an assorted plate of vegetable tempura from Komatsu Tempura Bar
6) a self-made soft taco with conchinita pibil from Babita
7) stuffed tofu with spinach from Happy Family
8) one small bowl of stewed short ribs from Yong Su San
9) Maeda-en lychee sorbet
10) a slice of white chocolate blueberry tart from San Francisco's Sweet Inspiration
a bit much, but I can dream......