Sharing my homemade ring ding recipe
A few people have requested this recipe of mine lately (the cupcake part is a revised version of the dessert bible devils food cake) and since I already had it typed out, I wanted to share it with all of you because they are sooo much better than store bought.
For the cupcakes:
1 1/4 cup boiling water
4 oz. unsweetened choc (DO NOT USE BAKERS BRAND)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup flour
1 t baking soda
2 sticks salted butter slightly softened
1 1/2 cups dk br sugar
1 t vanilla
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream (full fat)
1) Stir water, choc and cocoa together until smooth and reserve. Measure flour, salt and soda together in bowl and reserve. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 muffin tins with Pam and set aside.
2) Place butter in bowl of stand mixer and beat on med-high for 1 min. Add sugar and vanilla and beat for 3 more min. Add 1 egg at a time and beat until combined. Add sour cream until combined.
3) Add half choc mixture and half flour mixture to batter and beat on slow until just combined. Add rest of choc and flour and mix just until combined.
4) Pour batter into muffin tins and bake until centers spring back (about 15 min). Let cool 10 min and remove from tins. Freeze cupcakes for at least 3-4 hours.
For the Crème Filling:
1 jar fluff
1 stick butter (softened)
1 lb. confectionary sugar
1) With stand mixer, mix butter and sugar until well combined. Add fluff and whip together until smooth. Set aside
NEXT: Slice tops off cupcakes and slice horizontally through the center. Place on baking sheet that can fit in the freezer. With wide pastry tip, fill center of each cupcake w/ about 2 Tbs worth of filling and replace tops. Freeze again for 20-30 min. Melt dipping chocolate in wide bowl. Dip frozen filled cakes with large fork into melted chocolate and shake off excess. Enjoy!