Need a Great Recipe for Flounder
This is simple & classic:
1. salt & pepper the filets ahead of time
2. make a mixture of 3/4 mayo & 1/4 Dijon (or less mustard to taste)
3. oil a baking dish lightly
4. lay filets on baking dish & slather with mayo mixture (no thicker than 1/4 inch)
5. broil until top coating starts to bubble & brown
Huge favorite in casa jfood. also very easy.
Sole With Leeks And Tomatoes
Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 3/4 cups sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; from 2 medium)
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
1 bay leaf
1 cup canned vegetable broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
4 5- to 6-ounce sole fillets
All purpose flour
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add leeks, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Sauté until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth and wine; boil 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes with juices. Boil until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Fold each fillet in half; secure with toothpick.
6. Add fish to pan and cover with sauce.
7. Cover pan and simmer for 6 minutes
8. Transfer fish to plates; remove toothpicks. Top fish with sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Oven fried flounder: my favorite
foil on cookie sheet, coat w/ oil or spray
mix bread crumbs (1/2 cup) w/ 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp dried thyme
beat 1 egg white w/ fork in shallow bowl
dip fish in egg white, then in crumbs
place in pan
drizzle evenly w/ olive oil (drizzle, don't pour!)
bake about 10 minutes
add salt at end
serve with nice salsa or chutney
steam some broc
make some couscous
2 thoughts: Legal Seafoods has a spinach stuffed sole that is easy to assemble and cook as well as being foolproof. It is in their cookbook and I am sure that you could find it somewhere on the web ( I looked but didn't have time to find it today). Another great way to make flounder is al meunier. Follw this link for a recipe and enjoy!