Help me plan a Tapas party
My husband and I will be hosting our first ever tapas party next weekend for a total of 6 people, two of whom are pretty big eaters. Ideally, we don't want to be in the kitchen much during the actual party. What must we serve? Recipes or other resources would be helpful.
Here's what I'd do, especially if I didn't want to be in the kitchen all night
Make ahead/easy assembly:
- a plate of spanish cheeses and maybe cold chorizo.
- Serrano ham with melon and/or fresh figs
- marinaded olives
- spanish tortilla (layered potato omelette/pie, often served room temp)
- Mussels vinaigrette (served cold)
- Marcona almonds
- something with spiced chick peas and greens (lots of recipes out there)
Make at party time:
- Shrimp in garlic, with lots of crusty bread for dipping
- Chorizo sauteed in wine