Tribune Tower area lunch eats
- abf005 Jul 17, 2007 08:32 AM
A few weeks ago I moved offices to a building by the Tribune Tower/Wrigley building area, but I'm starting to feel like this end of Downtown is ridiculously expensive compared to the Loop or West Loop areas.
So I've been wondering since there are tens of thousands of people in this area, where do the non-tourists and non big expense account types go to eat?? In other words, the slightly above average Joe's...
I'm looking to compare notes on what places are really good and yet reasonably priced for lunch, and I'm looking to spend on average under $17, tip included!
Also, please no taxi ride recs please! I want to be able walk to and from wherever possible, not to mention the ride blows the above mentioned lunch budget and I want the exercise!
- Nordstrom Cafe - (4th floor of Nordstrom's) lots of great salads and sandwiches, plus they have entrees for for days when you are really hungry. Their desserts are great too. Not too expensive and very good quality. There is often a line to eat-in, but if you are carrying out they let you right through. Sometimes if the line is too long, but I don't want to eat in my office, I'll carry out and sit in the food court down the hall.
- Nordstrom Food Court - includes Mezza (decent fast food Mediterranean), Potbelly's, Tuscany, and a decent fast-food sushi place.
-Keefer's Kaffe - good soups and sandwiches, and they have a TV with some good sporting event on.
- Zest - In the Inter-Continental - might strain your budget, and I haven't been since they moved it upstairs, but they have an awesome Lobster Club for about $15.
- 7th Floor at Marshall Field's (still won't call it Macy's) - Frontera Fresco, soups, sandwiches, Asian noodles. Lots of good options, and not too far away.
- VTK - they have lunch specials which make it affordable. Plus the mini desserts for $1-1.50 are great - especially the passion fruit souffle.
This is perfect!! Thanks, I think I can eat pretty well this week!
BTW: I did have a good lunch at the Star of Siam (Thai) on Hubbard the other day.
Bandera upstairs at 535 N. Michigan. Great Garbage Salad and outstanding veggie burger. Lots of good choices, actually.