[MSP] Hmong International Marketplace Chowdown/Tour, Sat., August 4
- clepro Jul 16, 2007 12:54 PM
Lao style papaya salad, bitter melon soup, Thai sausage, barbequed beef ribs, sweet pork soup with eggs, ginger-steamed tilapia, purple sticky rice, Hmong poetry videos, kann-on green tea, pa ndau, Asian pears, cucumber and mustard greens…
My friend Mo Yang has offered to take up to 12 of us on a tour of the Hmong International Marketplace in St. Paul, followed by a chowdown lunch at the Food Court and, if we have time, a little restorative tea afterwards at Lou’s tea counter. If you’d rather just do the chowdown, that’d be fine too—I’ll tell you where and when to meet up with the group.
If you’d like to join us, please let me know by Monday, July 23rd. Don’t respond to this post; instead, please contact me at the email address listed under “blog” in my profile.
Based on excellent advice from one of our experienced chowdown organizers, I've decided that:
- We’ll handle the food costs via a shared ‘kitty’ of contributions. Drinks you’ll pay for on your own.
- We'll be eating family style (or in groups of 3-4, if seating is an issue), so please expect to share dishes.
- I’ll bring the necessary plates and utensils. But if someone has a digital camera and is willing to take/post photos, that’d be great! (mine’s in Montreal with my daughter for the next month…)
Want to read more before you decide?
http://www.chowhound.com/topics/404651 (discussion of the Market’s papaya salad and the tea house
- The original comment has been removed