I imagine something like this gets posted every summer, but I am looking for a funtastic patio for my friend’s birthday celebration. We want somewhere we can go for dinner, but also (and maybe even more importantly) stay and drink and have fun afterward. We would also like a place where the late comers wont have to end up paying cover to get in (so not a frou frou club) and should be located somewhere in the downtown core.
Here is one thread from earlier this summer: http://www.chow.com/topics/394136
Not sure of your desired price range or demographic, but here are some decent patios I've been to in the city, most probably geared more for drinking than eating:
- The Fionn McCool's/Scotland Yard/Bier Markt strip on along the Esplanade by Church.
- The Black Bull on Queen West
- The hidden back patio at Betty's on King East near Sherbourne
- Pauper's Pub near Bloor & Bathurst, with rooftop patio.
- Distillery patio by the Mill St. Brewpub; during the summer when events are on this has it's own outdoor bar.
- The original comment has been removed