Great mid-priced restaurant near House of Blues
Searching for a mid-priced restaurant (entrees under $30) within walking distance of House of Blues Hotel. Any cuisine is fine as long as the food and the ambience are great. Thank you!
There's no shortage of options:
- Vong's Thai Kitchen - upscale, not particularly authentic, but yummy Thai food.
- Catch 35 - Seafood
- McCormick & Schmick - Seafood (it's a chain, but its really good)
- Frontera Grill - very good (but over-hyped) Rick Bayliss Mexican spot. They only take same-day reservations for dinner and often have long waits though.
- Mambo Grill - casual Latin American food. Really good drinks.
- Blue Water Grill - Seafood/sushi. It's the Chicago outpost of an NYC restaurant, but the food is very good and a few things are fantastic. Stretching the limit of your budget though.
- Vermillion - Indian/Latin fusion
- Bin 36 - the food is only OK, but they have great wine flights and they are right next to HoB.
I've eaten at Bin 36 on all four of my visits to Chicago in the last 18 months and have recommended it to numerous people, but had a very unpleasant experience there last Saturday afternoon. There were very few people there, but service was incredibly poor and the waiter was among the most insufferable I've ever encountered - although I have to admit that he recommended a superb wine for us to take home.
Two positive recommendations: Tizi Meloul (www.TiziMelloul.com), for excellent Mediterranean food, and Tratttoria 10, which has a great $12 all-you-can-eat happy hour buffet. These are both a bit of a hike from House of Blues, but not a bad walk if it's a nice evening; entrees at both are in the $30 range.