Tampa Airport/Brandon food
I'm traveling to Brandon, FL next week for business and will be staying west of Tampa, near the airport.
I'm looking for fun lunch places in Brandon, near Providence Road, and dinner recommendations either in Tampa, West Tampa, or Brandon.
I'm traveling with my boss who probably won't want to spend more than $30-$35 on each of us for dinner (and who doesn't drink at all). Any suggestions? She tends to be happy with chains, while I like to try new things. We'll be in town for 3 days, and two nights. All recommendations are welcome!
I have a feeling we'll end up at Bonefish one night, since it's right on our way to the office we're working at, but I'd love to try some local places for lunch and possibly the other night we have for dinner. Thanks!
3 Lunches in Brandon area:
1. Jasmine Thai is right in the same plaza as Bonefish, and they offer a great lunch special: you get a sprig role, soup and your entre from 6.95-8.95 (Maybe you can get your boss to go there instead of bonefish for dinner).
2. Shells: Franchise but this is a great location. Some other foodies have disagreed with me, but I really enjoy this for a cheaper end lunch. I am from New England and love their clam chowder. My favorite is their Shrimp Mezzo Mezzo. Plus no has realized they are open for lunch so it is not crowded and easy in and out.
115 EAST BRANDON BLVD.
BRANDON, FL 33511
3. La Cubanita one of two locations. Great cuban, cafeteria style, choise of entree and two sides for 6.95-8.95. It is clean, and they just did face lift.
723 W Lumsden Rd
Phone: (813) 661-2253
1. Mojito's Grill - You can get out of there under $35 pp, if you go with the Tapas you can both try a few different items. You can even get a glass of Sangria $7.
6108 Winthrop Towne Centre Ave
Brandon, FL 33569
2. Fuego - Brazilian Steakhouse (Churrascaria) for $25 pp you get unlimited salad bar, unlimited side dishes, unlimited meat carved tableside, and dessert.
1721 West Brandon Boulevard
If you want more let me know.
Yeah, it's great! it's not lowfat but certainly a yummy calorie splurge. We like to sit in the nice cool dark bar area. They have Blue Moon on tap ; )
Ribs and chicken are good. Cheese grits are to die for. Good greens, baked beans, cole slaw, fried green tomatoes, caesar salad and iced tea. My husband loves the bleu cheese burger with onion straws on it. Those are the items we have tried and liked. Only one thing fried that we have tried but certainly nothing lowfat there.