Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Jun 13, 2007 06:08 AM

Looking for French Fry holders like at Bouchon

We recently ate at Bouchon in Napa Valley and then bought their cookbook.
They serve their FFs in a metal "vase" that's in the shape of a large ice cream
cone with a bottom base on the pointy end. They line it with brown paper and fill it with the fries. Love the presentation but can't find the holders and the restaurant won't tell where they got theirs. Anyone seen these in stores? Thanks.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. They are called frites cones. That might help you find them.

    1 Reply
    1. re: higgika

      Google search under "frites cones" results in the paper liners that go inside the cup holder I'm looking for. I can find open wire cones but not solid ones. Thanks for your help.

    2. Not *quite* what you were looking for, I don't think, but hopefully I'm in the very near vicinity.

      Those two (above) are more for ice cream cones, obviously, but they are the solid
      style you mentioned.

      These three (above) are the wire style, but still nice. (These are the ramekins


      The two above are, personally, my favorite. I like the option of being able to
      serve two sauces with my offering.


      1. I was looking for those too and found some at There are metal holders with a silver finish and some with a black finish (like Bouchon's) in two sizes. This web site also carries the paper cones to fit inside. Minimum order is $50.00. Hope this helps.

        1. Williams-Sonoma is selling new products v. similar to Bouchon's now. Theyre ceramic but look like newspaper, and even come with a little ceramic condiment holder.