Too Many Choices in Scottsdale
Too many good choices and recommendations in Scottsdale. Will be in Scottsdale in June, staying at Sancutary. Can only go to three places to eat. $$'s are no object. What are your top 3....
Dan in Detroit
My top three choices would be:
1. Cowboy Ciao. (Southwestern Cuisine) - A board favorite. www.cowboyciao.com
2. Voltaire (French) - My personal favorite. Old world French in a wonderful setting. www.voltairerestaurant.com
3. Since you are at the Sanctuary, go to elements right there on site. Get a cocktail and watch the desert sunset and then have dinner at elements.
Welcome to Phoenix!
1) T. Cooks (not actually Scottsdale, but neither is Sanctuary) http://www.royalpalmshotel.com/phoeni...
2) See Saw, 7133 E Stetson Dr, Scottsdale AZ
3) Voltaire http://www.voltairerestaurant.com/
Now, my confession. I've never been to any of them, but, they're on the top of my list when I'm up for a splurge.
I travel to Detroit occasionally since I have family there. There are certainly lots of Middle Eastern and Greek restaurants there, but I can't think of anything quite like T. Cook's. T. Cook's is uniquely excellent and, I believe, a fine recommendation regardless of the OP's point of origin.
re: Molto E
for money no object, i'd agree 1000% with molto.
i've only been to 2 of the 3 though and the 3rd is 1st on our list of fine dining places.
sea saw is incredible. if money was no object, that would be our first choice every time. you would be doing well to check the website http://seasaw.net/ and click events. the uber omakase is it. nobu just won his james beard award a few weeks ago.
binkley's is our other huge favorite. he'll have his beard award soon i'm guessing as well. he & his wife own it. they worked at the mobil 5 star restaurant the inn in washington, dc and then kevin worked at the 5 star french laundry after that. the food is amazing. the amuses are brilliant. to give you an idea of the philosophy there, you can order off the menu or your choice of a 4, 5 or 6 course tasting menu. where you normally have a fixed tasting menu and everybody has to have it, you pick every item on your menu and they also encourage everyone to have their own selection. i love the freedom they give and they pull it off incredibly well. not having big $$, we feel this is the best value in the valley. sea saw can hurt though it's totally worth it.
kai is the other place we've been wanting to go. the reviews are incredible. it sounds like it is a wonderful experience.
So, I'm going to vary a little.
1. elements, the view is great and so is the food. Some one just did a review a few days ago, check it out. Drink all you want and you don't have to worry about driving back to your hotel.
2. Coupe de Tartes. It's a BYOB place right in central Phoenix, maybe 10 minutes from your hotel. Super romantic...oh, maybe that's not what your looking for, but if you are, it's a great choice. Start out by going to Sportsman's for your wine, then head to CdT. The onion tarte app is amazing.
3. Richardson's of New Mexico. Not fancy at all, laid back, but a total Phoenix experience. Again, in central Phoenix, 10 mins from your hotel. The carne adovado is wonderful and so is the chile cowboy steak. They mix a mean cocktail and have a good wine selection too. It shouldn't be too busy, since it's off season, but you may have to wait a little since they don't take reservations.
Enjoy your stay!