Sunday Challenge HELP!
I have a cousin visiting this Sunday and we need to find a place to eat... looking at old posts has proven futile in this case. There are so many cooks in the kitchen implementing various restrictions that I am truly at a loss on this one. Help me, fellow chowhounders! Think of it as a challenge! Below are the restrictions:
1. Restaurant has to be open for a late-ish (8pm?) dinner on a Sunday
2. We have 2 vegetarians in the party
3. Party is large, 6 or 7 people
4. Place needs to be CHEAP to moderate (please no more than $13/$14 entrees!)
5. He will only go downtown!
We are ok with casual spots, like in Chinatown or what have you, but it needs to be a comfortable place to sit and have a meal. Thanks and I look forward to your ideas!
La Serenata de Garibaldi just gets into the budget, and that'd probably be my first pick...
Checkers might be another option
or Casey's Irish Bar and Grille with good veggie options
Gills Indian is good for both meat/veggie peeps
No, not ideal, but California Pizza Kitchen is downtown and accomodating and cheap... Add a caramelized parmesan thin bubbly pizza crust to any salad for a buck!