lunch Sat Beverly near Robertson
Coming from SF to LAX Sat. Arrive 12 PM leave 6:30 PM. Going to place on Beverly near Robertson. Need place for lunch that makes geographic sense. Interested in something hip and light. Thanks
Eat Well is light and hip.
Newsroom Cafe would probably also be ideal on Robertson.
Kings Road Cafe
For more upscale, Jar and Pane e Vino are both great, and light if you order right, as is Simon LA.
If you're willing to travel a bit east, I'd highly recommend Little Next Door on 3rd just past Fairfax. Had brunch there a few weeks ago and it was fabulous (hip & light too)!!
Newsroom cafe always sounds good and tastes terrible. Definitely don't go. Better choices in the area would be:
1) michelia (right on third and robertson)
2) cuvee (on robertson, can have a nice glass of wine and yummy salads)
3) BLD, if you're willing to travel (although the best stuff is not light)
4) Breadbar, which is yummy but not filling at all if you are hungry
5) Little next door, which is mostly small plates, although some people have recently given it negative reviews
Breadbar, Barefoot or Cuvee if you don't want to travel too far. All are walking distance from Beverly and Robertson (3 blocks).
If you don't mind driving 15 blocks or so there is more selection, as others have alluded to, on 3rd street or beverly like Little Next Door, Joans on 3rd, Kings Road Cafe, Jar or Quality.
Jar and Little Next Door are a bit more upscale brunch type places - most of the dishes are in the $15 to $25 range.
The others are more casual - salads, sandwiches, soups, wraps and refrigerator case stuff. Can never go wrong with shrimp quesadilla at Cuvee, any type of croissant at Breadbar or a bunch of stuff from Joans on 3rd.