Celebration Lunch -Montreal
This is my first time posting, but not the first time looking at the great suggestions on this board. I am looking for a restaurant for a lunch to celebrate my graduation from university. I will have about 9 people from out of town in total and it's up to me to pick the restaurant. The top things I am trying to find are:
1. Obviously a restaurant open for lunch (2 PM ish)
2. A place where wearing one's Sunday's attire is not deemed inappropriate or way too overdressed (But it will be a Thursday afternoon)
3. Good atmosphere
4. Excellent food with good portions (I come from a very critical family when it comes to this)
5. Preferably somewhere downtown, the Old Port, or Plateau, but open to suggestions for other locations
6. Not Asian or Asian-inspired
I sincerely appreciate any/all suggestions.
P.S. I have used the search function to no avail because the lunches that come up are usually more casual than I am looking for. Thanks again.
I agree with Carswell, Cafe Fereirra on Peel would be my no1 reco. If not, you could also do Garcon on Sherbrooke, corner of Peel, but i don't know about the time constraint. Or if you want a terrace, Il Cortile on Sherbrooke (near museum) is great and very european like. L'Express is way too loud for this event and Holder, i'm not a fan. Lemeac on Laurier is also a nice option, but out of your way if you want to save time and eat close by. Good luck
I too would agree that Ferreira would be your first choice. However; my secod choice, if you want something close to McGill, would be Cavalli Restaurant on Peel St. At both these restaurants you will not stand out dressed in your Sunday duds. If you do choose Cavalli be sure to request a table situated towards the street windows.