In Florida Keys.. quick ! Breakfast recs Pls.
It's just after 9am in the keys and we want to go for breakfast,,, can someone rec something. We're in islamorada but can go to another Key? Thnx
if you stay at the Artist's House in Key West the propriotor makes a great breakfast-grits-fresh fruits from the tree,etc.,etc. and Ed is a super host-haven't been there in a while but I know the B&B still exists. Let me know.
13 minutes later...
Bob's Bunz Inc. Islamorada FL 33036. Islamorada Bakery - MM 81.3 Bayside - (305) 664-8363.
Harriettes' just south of MM 96 for wonderful breakfasts - 305-852-8689
Bobs and Harriettes both open at 6am - Bob's has Crab eggs benny! Harriette's crepes, biscuits, funky atmosphere.
Haven't been down there in a while but can point you to -
* MM 104.2 (bayside):Hobo's Cafe (305-451-5888) has fish, burgers and salads
* MM 102.4 (oceanside): Fish House (Key Largo, 305-451-4665) filleted-on-the-premises dolphin and black grouper
* MM 100.2 (oceanside): Key Largo Coffee House (305-453-4844) all-you-can-eat Mexican on Tuesday nights ($8.99).
* MM 99.4 (bayside): Mrs. Mac's Kitchen (305-451-3722) in Key Largo, pita bread sandwiches, Superfishwich
* MM 95.5 (bayside): Harriette's (305-852-8689) good crepes (try the apple - peach combo, and the conch burger. Open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. only.
* MM 91.8 (oceanside): Order Mexicale omelette with pico salsa at Tavernier's Copper Kettle (305-852-4113)
* MM 88 (bayside): In Islamorada, the outdoor bar at Marker 88 (305-852-9315) is fun for sunsets.
* MM 82 (bayside): Best dinner - Beach Cafe at Morada Bay (305-664-0604). Get a table on the sand... Sooooo Romantic!