Bialetti Moka Express rubber seal question
I have a Bialetti Moka Express and the rubber gasket is just about shot. However, the replacement gaskets that are available don't seem to work as well. About three months ago I replaced the original rubber gasket and then went through about 20 failed attempts with the new gasket before rescuing the old gasket from the garbage. For whatever reason, the coffee turned out really bad with the new gasket, even after all of those attempts. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution, or is my best bet to get an entirely new pot (seems like a waste...)?
Bringing this one up to the top again....
I'm having the same problem with two of my Moka pots. The rubber gaskets that I've replaced the old manky ones with just don't seem to "seal" properly. They work inconsistently but mostly the water just sort of escapes out the sides where the top and bottom join and the coffee is bitter and strong. There is often water left in the bottom that just doesn't "rise" no matter how long it boils for and there are often grounds in this water as well.
New gaskets definitely take some "warming up." I think the rubber needs to soften, melt a bit to seal right and sometimes I can taste the new gasket. I usually run just water through a couple of times when I replace the gasket. But 20 attempts seems excessive. Good luck!
Or contact Bialetti directly