HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >
Do you create unique foods? Get great advice

What dessert is this?

artisticpixie May 3, 2007 12:31 PM

I had this dessert when I was a child but the Italian bakery in my neighborhood closed down. Would anyone know what dessert this is and where to get a recipe for it or know where to buy such a dessert? Thanks!


  1. Megiac May 3, 2007 01:12 PM

    The picture says "Chiboust Poire." Chiboust is a type of pastry custard and poire is pear. It looks like the custard with pieces pear on the bottom and a meringue on the top.

    The picture is making me hugry.

    1. chocolate chick May 3, 2007 12:57 PM

      It is a "chiboust". A pastry cream finished with an italian meringue. This one looks to have a fruit filled (apple?) crust too. It was named after a french chef. The pasrty is frozen and the top caramelized.

      1. Romanmk May 3, 2007 12:47 PM

        Looks like meringue on top, maybe a cookie crust. Filling is a question though.

        1. c
          chickstein May 3, 2007 12:34 PM

          I could not get the link to open.

          Show Hidden Posts