Thai in Glendale?
I have to say that Tep Thai is probably my least favorite in all of Glendale (also prices have gone up (way up according to a friend who loves it) since they renovated and they don't have lunch specials (what self-respecting Thai restaurant does not offer lunch specials??!!). I think they take themselves too seriously.
Personally, my favorite in Glendale is Thai in LA on Brand (chicken w/mint leaf chile, pad thai, Ran Nar) and I also like the Original Thai BBQ on Glendale Blvd. (Ribs, chicken, pad thai).
Stay away from that Thai place on Verdugo south of Broadway (in the back corner of a strip mall, if still there) they tell you you have not paid when you already have.
- 5 years ago, tep was a twice-weekly lunch place for us. now, we wait for someone with an expense account. still pretty good.
- kozy corner is 2 doors west of tep on wilson, lower price, and pretty ok. sold [last year?], repainted. maybe a dozen seats, hard surfaces, so a lone diner on a cellphone can make you run.
- thai in la [north on brand] is currently in weekly rotation. pretty good. share an expensive hot pot.
- orig thai bbq is pretty good for the few items below, not enough to stay in weekly list.
- there are 2 to the south, on fletcher. thai thai is ok, but not worth a long drive.
- angel thai, north on san fernando road is just common, and very slow.
- thai spirit is way east on colorado, ok.
- thai food, west of verdugo, north side of colorado, blue awnings, is pretty good, in weekly lunch rotation, and also has vienamese menu [$5 pho gotta try].
- have never been to the one below at verdugo/b'way; passed en route to two guys a few times.
If you dont mind driving about 10-15 mins to Pasadena, Saladang has always been a favorite of mine. It's on Fairoaks. It's been around for a while and has always been very popular amongst locals. I would recommend going at off hrs like 2pm-5pm becuase it is always packed! You can wait up to 1.5 hrs for lunch on the weekends. I love their beef penang, catfish filets in spicey sauce, pad thai, and their thai fried rice.