PHX - Whats your favorite calorie splurge?
Alright peeps, I'm curious. What is your favorite indulgence when calories and fat grams be damned?
I think I have a 3 way tie :
1. Cheese Enchilada's at Carolina's - I do believe I could drink the red sauce. It's amazing, and what , $3.50?
2. Carne Asada Torta at Phx Ranch Market - I can feel my arteries begin to clog as they pile on the meat, guac, crema, queso fresca, what appears to be margarine before the botillo bread hits the grill. I'm glad I have health insurance
3. Tammie Coe Ooey Gooey Cupcakes - They are to die for. And they don't scrimp on the frosting - its a solid 2 inches of frosting....mmmmmmmmmmm yummy Butter is better for you than margarine, right??
Anyone have any fav's to add? :)
My big one is the chocolate and butter frybread at the Fry Bread House. Oh man, so gooooood!
Anything on the menu at Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles. Chicken, waffles, grits, killer red velvet cake, and a cardiologist on speed dial, please.
The pizzookie at Oregano's is the quintessential splurge sweet.
I'm with winedubar...
Tammie Coe Ooey Gooey Cupcakes
Bean and Cheese Chimichanga with sour cream and guac from Carolina's, tied with a bean and chorizo burrito, double-wrapped with sour cream and loaded with hot sauce
Anything from FBH
Founder's favorite @ Cold Stone
Spinach stuffed pizza from Oregano's (closest I can find to nostalgic pizza from my childhood in Chicago), and the pizzookie
-- a big meatball wedge on a long crusty roll slathered in red sauce and melted cheese
-- any variation on a cheesesteak sandwich
-- a hearty white clam or meatball or pepperoni pizza
-- a massive plate of lasagna or baked ziti
-- a calzone
-- an oversized or double cheeseburger, perhaps with bacon, and fries, washed down with good, full-bodied brew
-- a chocolate brownie sundae with hot fudge
-- a chimichanga stuffed with carne seca or carnitas, topped with guacamole
-- one of those ridiculously sized meat sandwiches or egg-and-potato-based breakfasts at Scott's Generations or Chompie's
-- a large (1lb. or more), juicy, well-marbled (strip, porterhouse, ribeye) steak with a plate of lyonnaise potatoes on the side
-- an enormous chicken-fried steak (ala TexAz) and steaming mound of lumpy mashed potatoes, all smothered in peppery creamy gravy
-- plates of fried clams, fried oysters, fried shrimp, fried onion rings, and french fries, after finishing my whole lobster that was dipped bite by bite in warm drawn butter
This is easy...
1) Fry Bread House - order anything, don't step on the scale for a week.
2) Luke's of Chicago - Italian beef (provolone cheese, hot peppers) w/an RC Cola.
3) Chicago Hamburger Co. - sliders
4) Snickerdoodle from LGO (Tammie Coe) - meal-in-a-cookie
I'm sure I'll think of more as the afternoon wears on...