I'm a college student so naturally i'm on a budget ($10 or less) and looking for a distraction from studying for finals and writing papers. Last semester here as well. Any places, maybe off the map. No westbank but nola, metarie, jefferson, but nowhere much further than that. Po-boys, pizza, mexican, deli, thai, cajun...anything thats fun to eat. thanks for the help...i'll let u know what we choose!
my roommates didnt get up til way after lunch so i couldnt wait and had too make something...however, we will definitely go tomorrow. Love all of those suggestions and have actually been to all of them cept for minnies nor joes and reconcile...for some reason I really am in the mood for trying some place that I probably haven't heard much about so maybe minnies or norjoes tomorrow. Went to camellias on saturday and it did not disappoint
You've probably tried each of these 10 times, but they were some of my favorite when I was in school not so very long ago. Im not sure they're "off the map," though.
1. Juans Flying Burrito on Magizine
2. Dunbars (used to be on Freret, now, I think, on the Loyola campus somewhere)
3. Guy's po-boys on Magazine
4. Nirvana on Magazine (lunch buffet rules, but build in a nap)
5. Nor-Joe's off of Metairie Rd. (if you are serious about Metairie--awesome muffalettas)
6. Parkway Bakery on Hagen, right around City Park
Good luck finding lunch and procrastinating. And good luck with finals/papers.
ETA: Parasols and Cafe Reconcile. Should have included those two first time around.