HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >
Are you making a specialty food? Get great advice

What in the world are Barnsley Chops?

Tout Garni Apr 24, 2007 12:41 PM

I know they come from the lamb but what part? Why are they called Barnsley? How should they be served? Do most butchers know about them?

  1. rob133 Apr 24, 2007 04:54 PM

    There is much confusion over what consists of a true Barnsley chop! To most butchers in Britain it is a butterflied chop taken right across the loin - so a double sided chop. But traditional butchers in Barnsley itself, cut it as a very thick chop cut just over the kidney on one side only.

    Show Hidden Posts