S.Fla fish shacks... got a favorite?
The Herald posted a "fish shack" roundup today, including seafood markets that are also very casual restaurants -- Anyone care to add to the list or comment about the Herald's choices?
• Key West by the Gables, 2238 SW 57th Ave., Miami; 305-262-0205. Fish entrees $12.95-$24.95.
• Sonia's Seafood Market & Restaurant, 7501 SW Eighth St., Miami; 305-262-0878; fish entrees from $9.99
• La Camaronera, 1952 W. Flagler St., Miami; 305-642-3322; fried shrimp $6.50, fish sandwich $3, fried fish, market price
• Captain Jim Hanson's Seafood Market and Restaurant, 12950 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami; 305-892-2812; fish entrees $8.99-$20
ON THE RIVER
• Garcia's Seafood Grille and Fish Market, 398 N. River Drive, Miami. 305-375-0765. fish entrees $7-$15
• Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill, 404 North River Dr., Miami; 305-371-4107; fish entrees $11-$25 lunch, $18-$35 dinner.
I went to Key West by the Gables and had a nice meal of fried shrimp (7) and fries for about 16.95 the service was good and shrimp were sweet & plump. The appetizer was there version of crab croquette which were two nice size crab stuffed logs that were very tasty. The decor was nice and clean
Try Heads or Tails on NW 54th Street just East of 37th Ave (Northside)...I think you'll like it, if you have not already been?
I will attest to La Camaronera on Flagler and 18th Ave...standup only, but well worth it.
La Perla on NW 7th St just West of Le Jeune used to be really solid too.
ps check their hours as I do not beleive the above places stay open late.